Tuesday, July 22, 2014

GR 101 at Euroviz 2014 Berlin

A pro with a handful of markers.
Awesome sight!

GR101 had very nice goody bag
11 Neuland markers
Blank sketchbook
Subberts book
Several hand outs
Plus lucky dip I got a set of Grove markers 

My sketchnotes of the session
Panels 1-4
Favourite quote here
"silence the inner critic"
"Send him to Hawaii"
My icon; parrot on the shoulder= inner critic 

Panels 5-8

Panel 5 captures our limbering up exercise at huge chart 4x6 foot: drop line, horizontal line, throw line, circle, spiral:
With pen cap ON
With pen cap off
With eyes open
With eyes closed



Panel 9
A4 GR of 8 minute TED talk: Sunny Brown: Doodlers Unite


Panels 10-13
My favourite; Panel 13 
Three Likes and a Wish
Positive feedback for each chart

A4 GR 5 ways to listen better Julian Treasure.

Panels 15-18
My favourite 
Panel 18 The Practitioner's round table


My GR of TED talk Rachel Smith Drawing in class
Three likes: 
Starting to use bullets
Typography getting neater
Icons: nice- internal library
Wish: better boxes


Highlight of the day
Double whammy
12 expert practitioners 
I get to GR the session



They were so kind to me
Said I captured most of the important points
Rachel was coaching me, promoting me to add points if I got stuck
They enjoyed my visual joke
Several of the panel encouraged me and praised my chart:



Panels 19-21
On how to get Gig and manage it
Before 
during 
after


No comments:

Post a Comment