Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ya Kun


While at EuViz 2014 Berlin I got an email reminding me of a men's breakfast meeting for Saturday 2 August in Singapore.

"Why not ask to do GR there?" came the inspired thought.

The organising committee had seen me do GR for the Friday lunch meetings.

I popped the idea to them and they agreed.
Permission was soon granted by the speaker.
I asked to check out the venue.

Me doing scout around 24 hours before event.


From the checkout I planned to use paper lined foam board on easel.

Proceeded to supply store: Art Friend,

10 mm foam core board 

Kryplon easy tack


Art craft paper.


Weapons selected and assembled.



Paper cut to size.

Sticky stuff sprayed on.



Paper attached to board.

Expert hand at Euviz2014 holding 7 pens.

Me fumbling with 4 pens 
(In the end I had one pen in hand and the others on a nearby table.


Trying out at the wall

Working out how to do logo: white acrylic paint on top of red pen pastels

Men breakfast meeting starting: coffee and kaya toast in abundance.

Speaker Mr Adrin Loi

Board prepped: logo and speaker sketch added ( and my sign off  with date)

Adding colour clouds with Pan pastels
Photo credit MIC Jeorge Lau

Action shot: photo credit MIC Jeorge Lau


GR scribe and speaker

Presenting the chart to the speaker.

Part One


Part Two


The speaker and the participants enjoyed the chart. Many made complementary remarks and took photos. 

Pat myself on the back:
Three greats and a wish
Great pre-gig preparation
Listening out for audience reactions
Confident in front of crowd
Wish more organizational flow; arrows?




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your share. You make me want to keep on training on sketchnoting!

    ReplyDelete