Friday, July 19, 2013

Exploratory Meeting 19 July 2013


Exploratory meeting 19 July 2013 at Toast Box, Plaza Singapore:
 to synergise the convergence of three personalities
Aishah Shah, Vincent Soo and Lim Su Min.

Aishah was our gold medallist Air Rifle shooter for Asean Games
Unfortunately after a bug infection last year she lost both hands and both feet.
Aishah continues to display courage and determination.
She intends to continue coaching and shooting.
Prosthetic legs enable her to walk
Prosthetic hands are being processed.


Vincent was with the police force.
Amongst other things he is councillor and coach

Positive Synergy is a business he started to help a core of athletes who have been mobility challenged by  paraplegia or limb loss. This group all exude a positive attitude and are given opportunities to give motivational talks

Vincent also runs Coach Venture, a social enterprise: 
targets youth at risk, ex-offenders etc
school programs
Camps
Personal development
Outdoor activities
Group facilitation
Job opportunities


I shared my family outline
Retiring from medical practice 2000
Community Development
China 2000-2006
Indonesia 2007- 2009
Cambodia 2010 onwards
Graphic Recording: Drawing Out Ideas 2013

I shared with Vincent my wish to do a Graphic Recording for Aishah at one of her inspirational motivational talks: For me personally it would be exposure for my craft, and an opportunity to do something for Aishah. For her and the company, I suggested that GR would be a value added for the talk, innovative, and allow the participants a visual real-time record of the session (30 minute talk, 15 min Q&A)

I would provide the necessary tools, paper, plastic, colours, tape etc. For this first session, service would be provided gratis. Ideally I should visit the venue before the event.

Vincent suggested a roundtable meet with Aishah where I could do a GR as she shared her personal account of the events of her life. This charting would give them a better idea of what I was able to do in terms of GR for Aishah.

The ball is now in their court.


No comments:

Post a Comment