Friday, August 23, 2013

Grapic Recording on IPad using Sketchnote Pro

As an early adopter of all things Apple (starting with Apple II)  in 1978, my main use has been for word processing, communication, and over the last 4 years Skype and Facebook.

I had no interest in digital art. 

But I did do graphic recording in my own way at our community training sessions, on flip charts.

After I saw Brandy Akerback on a TED-talk I became very interested in large scale graphic recording: bought books, scanned the web, spawned a Special Interest  group in Singapore, and even did an online course Rockstar Scribe at Alphachimp University.

There is a sector of GRs who do digital work, and I launched into a steep learning curve  (still launching) to use Sketchbook Pro for graphic recording.

My first image, exploratory, was this:


Then 

I tried my hand at a bit more icons...
And I felt sketchnotes was do-able by me using sketchbook pro,


Then I found a 128 page PDF manual,  read the manual and tried a GR at cinema
Rather pathetic, but getting to it..


So I did a sketchnote of the manual using sketchbook pro
This helped me learn a lot



Then I was ready for PechaKucha night at ACM

No comments:

Post a Comment