Saturday, August 24, 2013

PechaKucha Night Singapore #9: Sketchnotes on Sketchbook Pro

So the night has finally come!
I was armed with my IPad, loaded with Sketchbook Pro app.
I had prepared a template with lines to divide it into 6 "sketchnote" pages:
 this was to be level one with 50% transparency.
Level two was to be my scribing level.



We attend the function at ACM. 
The hall was full!


I got the brochure for the evening and duplicated a copy of the template file for each speaker.

This is the "raw" sketchnote on SketchbookPro, after deleting template, produced in real time, listening to Juliette speak for 20 seconds for each of her 20 slides. I looked at some of the slides but concentrated on what she was saying and on scribing with sketchbookpro. Got a few icons in.



Post-production tweaking done at home took the best part of 11 am- 3 am for all the notes of the night. Added some colour, one icon: what do you think?



I don't have them in order of presentation but they are in pairs.
Oliver spoke of the VUCA world we live in and crowd sourcing.
This is my notes after 6 minutes 40 seconds.

This is my edited version; I like the google globe 

Roger Egan spoke on how he built his Redmart team.


Edited version


Wei Wen spoke on social enterprise.
Edited version with one line of typed text.


Neil encouraged us to find and celebrate differences.

Improved version of notes with highlights.
Loren spoke of the importance of mindfulness.

My edited version, making the tip of the iceberg plain to see.
Vinayagan spoke of forestry conservation.
Topics clustered and highlighted.
I scribed Sue's talk onto the template layer, not the layer beneath.
Also I saved the edited version to replace the original, so I can't show the original to you.
the banana was there as a yellow outline, coloured and textured post production.



In summary GR on sketchbookpro is do-able but takes a lot of practice.
I need to zoom in more for neater writing. 
I need less words and more icons.

Pechakucha 20x20 format is very challenging to record :
I probably might do better with large on the wall format?

Nonetheless it has been a good experience for me.
Practice. practice. practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment